John F. Kanyemibwa is recognised as a leading practitioner in the fields of corporate advisory and commercial dispute resolution.
He is lauded as an “Excellent Litigator” by Chambers and Partners, in recognition of his expertise in advancing jurisprudence on Banking, Energy, Property and Employment disputes at the Supreme Court and subordinate Courts.
Through extensive experience that spans a quarter of a century, John has advised on several notable transactions including the privatisation and initial public offers of leading financial institutions and Energy corporations.
- Lecturer – Law of Business, Faculty of Law, Makerere University
- Chairman – International Centre for Arbitration in Uganda,
- Member – Board of the Capital Markets Authority,
- Senior Partner, Kateera and Kagumire Advocates,
- M (Oil and Gas – in progress) –
- M (Commercial and Corporate Law) – University of London, UK
- LLB – Makerere University, Kampala
- Diploma in Law – Law Development Centre, Kampala
- International Bar Association
- Uganda Law Society
- East African Law Society
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Banking and Dinance
- Corporate Advisory Practice
- Energy and Natural Resources